[plug] PLUG Meetup and Talk this Tuesday

Euan de Kock euan at dekock.net
Sun Feb 10 13:43:44 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

Just a short note to remind you all that we have our regular talk
scheduled for this Tuesday 12 February. As usual, we'll be convening at
the Spacecubed venue - 45 St Georges Terrace, Perth 6000.

We'll get together at around 6:30pm, and plan to start the talk around
7:00pm. If you arrive at the spacecubed venue, and the door is locked,
just look for the cell number taped to the inside, msg or call us and
someone will let you in.

Several of our members attended Linux Conf 2013 (LCA2013) in Canberra a
few weeks ago, and we'll have a presentation detailing our impressions
of the conference. I'm also hoping to be able to give a presentation on
some of the new technologies that are coming down the line as regards
audio and video production with Linux.

Additionally as many of you know, we've been successful in our bid to
host the next Linux Conf (LCA2014). We'll be giving an overview of this
too. It's a good opportunity for you all to hear what our plans are.
Also if you'd like to get involved or are considering attending this
would be a good meeting to attend.

Looking forward to seeing you all there on Tuesday.

Best Regards,

Euan de Kock,

President - Perth Linux User Group (PLUG)
Vice Director - LCA2014 Organising Committee.