[plug] Need a new switch

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 07:09:43 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Gregory Orange <home at oranges.id.au> wrote:

> I've got a HP ProCurve 1810G (>$300) here, comparing against a NetGear
> ProSafe 724T ($250) and deciding which to get more of. They both seem
> to do the job you're after - particularly LACP and fanless. I'm
> leaning toward the HP since the web interface is snappier, and
> opinions seem to favour it.
>
> Both have 24 ports, but both have models with fewer ports.
>
> HTH,
> Greg.

I'm pretty sure the HP gear still has a lifetime warranty. We had a 5 year
old 1810 die in one of our offices (hot cupboard in a warehouse) and it was
replaced within the week, no questions asked.

Leon

--
DRM 'manages access' in the same way that jail 'manages freedom.'

# cat /dev/mem | strings | grep -i cats
Damn, my RAM is full of cats... MEOW!!