[plug] Need a new switch

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Mon Feb 11 06:53:48 UTC 2013

On 11 February 2013 14:20, Leon Wright <techman83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The HP 1810 series will do link aggregation and the 8G/24G port switches are
> fanless.
> http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/products/switches/HP_1810_Switch_Series/index.aspx
>
> Or if you are after cheap and cheerful, TP Link make reasonable gear too:
> http://www.tp-link.com.au/products/details/?categoryid=223&model=TL-SG2424#fea

I've got a HP ProCurve 1810G (>$300) here, comparing against a NetGear
ProSafe 724T ($250) and deciding which to get more of. They both seem
to do the job you're after - particularly LACP and fanless. I'm
leaning toward the HP since the web interface is snappier, and
opinions seem to favour it.

Both have 24 ports, but both have models with fewer ports.

HTH,
Greg.

--
Gregory Orange