[plug] Odd pins on Android devices

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 00:56:43 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Andrew Cooks <acooks at gmail.com> wrote:

> I waited three weeks before they finally decided that they can't get
> stock of the Galaxy Nexus. Will not support them again. Lucky for me,
> a week later the Nexus 4 was back in stock on play.google.com.

I can't wait for our Nexus 4 devices to arrive at work!

> > It's horrible. The phone companies in Aust are really slow. 4.0.4 was
> > released late 2011/early 2012 and most have not released anything newer
> yet.
> > 4.0.4 has some massive issues, which has been frustrating a lot of
> people i
> > know. Which is a shame as it's a fantastic device. Vodafone released
> 4.1.2
> > two weeks ago, google released 4.2.2 yesterday!
>
> My Nexus 4 is still on 4.2.1 and claims it's up to date. Any clues?

They usually roll out the update slowly over a week. You can force the OTA
update in advance by downloading it manually. It retains the ability to do
future updates OTA.

Leon

--
DRM 'manages access' in the same way that jail 'manages freedom.'

# cat /dev/mem | strings | grep -i cats
Damn, my RAM is full of cats... MEOW!!