[plug] Network Cable Fest Update

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 25 06:18:49 UTC 2013

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 22:23:36 Euan de Kock wrote:

> I'd like to get some suggestions for a suitable switch - 24port,
> 1000base capable, and less that 250mm deep. There is also an intent to
> put power over ethernet - I'm not sure what impact this has on our
> selection criteria - advice please.

The only one that I can find to "fit" right now is the D-Link DGS-1210-28

They are however noisy little buggers @ 52 dBA
IME it takes a lot of acoustic and thermal engineering to make the
deployable to a noise-sensitive environment.

--
/"\ Bernd Felsche - Somewhere in Western Australia
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | For every complex problem there is an