[plug] Notice of resumption of PLUG AGM Tuesday (15/1/2013) from 7pm at SpaceCubed

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jan 14 12:30:22 WST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:22:44AM +0800, Andrew Cooks wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:16 AM, Peter Lyons <darklion at peterlyons.id.au> wrote:
> > However, if we don't get enough people this time we can proceed anyway.
> > Our normal practice in this case is to adopt whatever decisions came out
> > of last weeks "informal" AGM.
>
> Does this mean that, for those ordinary members who couldn't attend
> last Tuesday (but can today), there's no real urgency to attend?
			^^^^^ tomorrow!
(Actually, I think we can still add proxies, but...)
It does mean that. However, if you're brimming with enthusiasm for PLUG
this year feel free to come along. We can informally co-opt committee
or sub-committee members and recognise whatever you're willing to step
up to the plate for.

The constitutionally specified procedure is that we wait for up to half an
hour beyond the specified meeting start time and then proceed; at which
point normal practice will be to ratify last week's decisions. We'll be
sure to check the door for stragglers at those points: 7:00pm, 7:30pm.

There's a regularly scheduled PLUG-in-the-pub later this month - locals
welcome but some may be regrouping as a Canberra http://linux.conf.au/
away team.

Next month's events are on as normal - regular time, regular place -
unless you hear otherwise here! We're on the lookout for interesting
presenters, local or shipped in, for you all this year - buttonhole them
if you can and get them in touch with committee at plug.org.au .

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal