[plug] linux.conf.au 2014 - the excitement continues to build!

Luke John luke.john at osmahi.com
Fri Jul 5 02:00:26 UTC 2013

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

linux.conf.au 2014 - the excitement continues to build!

linux.conf.au showcases the best of open source and open hardware, and
it's coming to the University of Western Australia from January 6 to
January 10, 2014. The conference provides a great opportunity for open
source developers, users, hackers, and makers to share their ideas and
further improve their projects.

The Call for Proposals (CFP) has now been open for four weeks, and the
quality of submissions so far has been fantastic. Originally scheduled
to be closed this week, the papers committee has agreed to extend the
deadline by two weeks, as there's been some requests for extension
from potential speakers, and we want to make sure that everyone a
chance to have their proposal considered!

And now with the offer of a Golden Ticket, there's an extra incentive
to put your proposal in to be considered by the papers committee, and
let them decide whether your presentation, tutorial or miniconf will
be a hit at linux.conf.au.

Michael Davies and Michael Still, papers committee chairs, are excited
about the submissions they have seen so far, and they want to ensure
that everyone has had a chance to submit a proposal about something
they are passionate about. "We've got a great eclectic mix of
proposals so far, but since the community has asked for more time to
get their proposals in, we're happy to facilitate that!", the Michaels
said.

If you have been working on something interesting, now is the time to
tell the world! Visit linux.conf.au/cfp, and submit your proposal
today!

About linux.conf.au
linux.conf.au is widely regarded by delegates as one of the best
community run Linux conferences worldwide.  It will be held in Perth
at the University of Western Australia from January 6 to January 10,
2014.

Papers Enquiries:
The linux.conf.au 2014 Papers Committee Chair
Email: papers-chair at lca2014.linux.org.au

Conference Enquiries:
The linux.conf.au 2014 Conference Committee
Email: core.team at lca2014.linux.org.au