[plug] Does iinet NBN use fixed/static IP?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 5 23:39:11 UTC 2013

NBN is coming to my area, hopefully within a few weeks and as I have
talked to the cabling guys it looks like it is actually "real" and not
political smoke and mirrors.

Is anyone using iinets NBN able to say they get a fixed IP or at least
get a long/infinite dynamic allocation? - how well does it work?

I am trying to work out if after 13 or so years its time to jump to
another ISP and the lack fixed IP option is one of iinets major
disadvantages when using their home accounts, and a business account is
too expensive for my use.

BillK