[plug] Does iinet NBN use fixed/static IP?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 6 03:32:20 UTC 2013

No, I have not spoken to iinet yet (that page has been open in my
browser for a few hours while thinking about what I want to do :) - I
wanted to see if anyone is actually using the product (i.e., I received
their brochure in the mailbox weeks ago, but its seems its really "still
coming" in my area).  I am more interested in what an actual user (do
any home users exists yet?) of the service sees compared to what iinet
tells me I will "probably" see ... I am not disparaging iinet (after all
I have been with them a long time - ~13yrs - and am still happy with
adsl1), but I lack experiance with the NBN itself, and other ISPs in a
home environment to see if there is anything better suited to my use case.

Specificly I recently bought a domain from godaddy without realising the
the issues with dynamic DNS they have (as well as other questionable
practises they seem notorious for :) so my reliable update scripts will
need a major overhaul.

BillK