[plug] Ubuntu 13.04 Nvidia graphics drivers

Shanon Loughton autobot at iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 13 23:51:20 UTC 2013

Richard - nvidia-current package did that the first time but I checked
again and could not see it blacklisted the second time I installed the
package. Might be worth trying again- just 'blacklist nouveau' in
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf?

Chris - Its a Gigabyte Nvidia 7600 GT 256MB. Was using 304 and 310 nvidia
driver apt packagae ok on 12.04

So I clean wiped and reinstalled without nvidia card. A redownload iso, new
USB device and/or radeon onboard video fixed the issue. Pluggin in Nvidia
post install gave similar symptoms - unity works but really slow,
installing nvidia-current brings wallpaper and no menus.

Its working on internal video at the moment pretty well after a new
installation..

Shanon

Just a question - have you blacklisted the nouveau (sp) driver?

Sometimes having both around causes all sorts of interesting problems.

Richard Meyer

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt, 1783

Linux Counter user #306629