[plug] OwnCloud.org

Michael Van Delft michael at hybr.id.au
Thu Jun 27 06:21:42 UTC 2013

Hey Paul,

I've setup a cheap VPS from linode running ownCloud and used the
desktop client to sync files. I feel like it's 90% there but just
needs a bit more polish before it becomes good enough that I'd move
all my stuff from Google Drive/Contacts/Calendar/Mail (There is a
Roundcube plugin for mail)/Bookmarks. I've found it to be a little
slow but that could be because I'm hosting it on the cheapest linode
server I could find it's got 512mb RAM and hosted in Singapore. Might
be a lot quicker hosted on a beefier machine at home.

I've got it running at https://hybr.id.au if you want to try it out I
can set up an account for you. (I use a certificate from cacert.org so
if you get a certificate warning don't worry.)

I'd also be very interested to hear about any open source self hosted
cloud solutions especially if anyone knows of a self hosted office
suite like Google Docs.

Cheers,
Michael