[plug] RHCE exam

Russell Steicke russellsteicke at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 09:16:04 UTC 2013

On 7 March 2013 12:46, Andrew Cooks <acooks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Plug
>
> I'm thinking about sitting the RHCE exam. The next scheduled
> opportunity in Perth is 17 May.
>
> What are your opinions about RHCE certification? Do employers value
> it? Would anyone be interested in taking the exam as well?

I believe it's highly valued, although I haven't been in the job
market for quite a while.

Having done it twice (and RHCSA once) my best advice is that it's not
something you can go into cold.  You need a fair amount of RedHat
specific knowledge to complete the exam tasks comfortably, so either a
large amount of study of the available books, or some experience and
the four day course, are necessary to pass.

Russell

--
Virus found in this message.