[plug] RHCE exam

Craig Foster Craig at fostware.net
Thu Mar 7 12:11:33 UTC 2013

<snip>
> Having done it twice (and RHCSA once) my best advice is that it's not something
> you can go into cold.  You need a fair amount of RedHat specific knowledge to
> complete the exam tasks comfortably, so either a large amount of study of the
> available books, or some experience and the four day course, are necessary to
> pass.
>
> Russell

This is crucial. The brain freeze that happens when you first start is a killer.

You are given disks, an imaged broken machine and told "you know exactly what to do". You had better feel that way before going in.
The install is a little easier, since that is more methodical, can be practised, and you have text config files that usually have examples ;(

CraigF.