[plug] Keeping columns at 80 inside a screen^W tmux session

Russell Steicke russellsteicke at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 07:40:24 UTC 2013

My IRC client has been annoying me for a while.  I leave it running in
a screen session, and connect to that from different places.  If the
terminal I'm using is not as wide (number of text columns) as the last
one, text in the scrollback buffer disappears off to the right and
bits of conversations are lost.

It turns out that tmux has a way to force the terminal width inside
just one window, and it's in the man page!  So I can type

  ^b:set-window-option force-width 80

inside that one window and the problem is solved.

I think I've run screen for the last time.

--
Virus found in this message.