[plug] ups for home

wolfbite wolfbite.aus at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 06:14:46 UTC 2013

On 09/03/13 17:43, wolfbite wrote:
> looking into ups for home, cost is always a factor
>
> problem deciding
>   1. indivual ups for each computer (and how big)
>   2. run a couple of computers off a bigger ups (couple of gaming rigs
> ) and other computers (and how big :)
>   3. toying with idea ups on plasma (and how BIG :D
>
> Wonder if anyone else has gone down this path, cost and ideas

Thanks  all for the info.

main reason is to protect all equipment from sudden power outages (more
so since moving to gosnells)
But with the number of computers I have running (and the lack of money)
I wanted some REAL examples so i can go and compare (equiv items, power,
etc)

I like the idea of shutting down unessential, but still running some stuff

Will check gumtree, etc and see what bang for bucks I can find

I've read where some people have added extra batteries to some units to
increase time, dont know if they where hack jobs or special ups

But thanks again for real world examples :)