[plug] Linux Conf AU videos torrent?

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Thu Mar 21 14:47:06 UTC 2013

>From Paul Wayper, the AV lead at LCA 2013:

I thought I'd announced these, but I can't find them in my posts, so: I've
made torrent files of all the videos from LCA 2013, by file type (i.e.
directory).

http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2013/lca_2013_ogv.torrent
http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2013/lca_2013_webm.torrent
http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2013/lca_2013_mp4.torrent

If you want to share these, and you only have some of the videos downloaded
and don't want to download the rest of them, then make sure you've got your
videos in the named directory (e.g. ogv/), start the torrent, and in most
good torrent clients you can then choose the files you don't want to
download.  Go through and remove all the files you're not interested in,
and the client should automatically share the updated files.  Or maybe
repair your copies to match the current distribution, if they're out of
date.

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM, Fred Janon <fjanon at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are there any torrent for the whole lot of the videos of the Linux Conf AU
> 2013? I don't want to download the videos one at a time. I am behind a
> firewall that prevents me from going through TPB, so I can't use those.
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred

Jason Nicholls
jason at mindsocket.com.au