[plug] Linux Conf AU videos torrent?

Fred Janon fjanon at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 21 15:22:14 UTC 2013

Thanks a lot.
Fred

--- On Thu, 3/21/13, Jason Nicholls <jason at mindsocket.com.au> wrote:

From: Jason Nicholls <jason at mindsocket.com.au>
Subject: Re: [plug] Linux Conf AU videos torrent?
To: plug at plug.org.au
Date: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 3:47 PM

>From Paul Wayper, the AV lead at LCA 2013:
I thought I'd announced these, but I can't find them in my posts, so: I've made torrent files of all the videos from LCA 2013, by file type (i.e. directory).

http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2013/lca_2013_ogv.torrenthttp://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2013/lca_2013_webm.torrent
http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2013/lca_2013_mp4.torrent
If you want to share these, and you only have some of the videos downloaded and don't want to download the rest of them, then make sure you've got your videos in the named directory (e.g. ogv/), start the torrent, and in most good torrent clients you can then choose the files you don't want to download.  Go through and remove all the files you're not interested in, and the client should automatically share the updated files.  Or maybe repair your copies to match the current distribution, if they're out of date.