[plug] Speaking at PLUG (and Perl training!)

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Wed Apr 2 23:52:02 UTC 2014

G'day everyone,

I'm going to be in Perth late this month running a training course, and I'd
love to give a presentation at PLUG!  My talk on "Build Your Own Exobrain"
has been very popular in Tokyo and Montreal:

	Online services like "If This Then That" (IFTTT) are great for
	automating your life. However they provide few ways for the
	end-user to add their own services, and not everyone is comfortable
	with sharing their credentials.

	I'll be discussing the 'exobrain' project, which allows for service
	integration and extension on a machine *you* control. We'll discuss
	philosophy, installation, and writing your own extensions and
	classifiers.

I've tentatively marked in 30th April for speaking, based upon discussions
and enthusiasm on the Perth Perl Mongers mailing list.

Also, if any of you happen to be interested in learning Perl or upgrading
your Perl skills, the course I'm running is open for public enrolment. You
can find the course schedule (along with a complete copy of the course
notes) over at:

	http://perltraining.com.au/courses/programmingperl.html

The course is running from the 28th April - 2nd May, and I'm very happy to
offer a 15% discount to anyone who mentions PLUG in their booking:

	http://perltraining.com.au/bookings/Perth.html

For those who haven't seen me speak before, I've got some of my talks up at:

	http://pjf.id.au/talks/

Keep being amazing, and I look forward to seeing you later this month!

	Paul

--
Paul Fenwick <pjf at perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/