[plug] postfix help

Steven Romeo steven.romeo at me.com
Fri Apr 4 12:53:16 UTC 2014

Ah Apologies, I seem to have misread your post the first time around.

The qmgr and trivial-rewrite daemon’s are responsible for the routing and queueing of mail within the system. You can get a more verbose error output by appending '-v' to the end of the corresponding line in the master.cf file. So it would look like:

qmgr	fifo n	-	-	300	1	qmgr -v
rewrite	unix		-	-	-	-	trivial-rewrite -v
This should log to your standard mail log and might give you a bit more insight. Don’t forget to restart the postfix service after you’ve made changes to the master.cf

Is postfix delivering to local mailboxes, delivering to a Mail Delivery Agent or relaying mail? Are you using a SPAM filtering service or anything?