[plug] postfix help

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Mon Apr 7 06:45:30 UTC 2014

On 4 April 2014 20:53, Steven Romeo <steven.romeo at me.com> wrote:
> The qmgr and trivial-rewrite daemon's are responsible for the routing and
> queueing of mail within the system. You can get a more verbose error output
> by appending '-v' to the end of the corresponding line in the master.cf
> file. So it would look like:
> qmgr fifo n - - 300 1 qmgr -v
> rewrite unix - - - - trivial-rewrite -v

Thank you for this info, it did indeed help. I had a missing
virtusertable entry, a missing rinetd entry on the gateway, a
duplicate of one message in /var/spool/postfix/maildrop (copy from
defer/), and unwanted emails spewing from an old database system I
didn't know existed. Handed over the last one to the right person to
fix, and fixed the other ones myself. Things are looking much better,
although there might be a few more teething issues with the new server
(:

> Is postfix delivering to local mailboxes, delivering to a Mail Delivery
> Agent or relaying mail? Are you using a SPAM filtering service or anything?

The postfix in question is final delivery for local mailboxes, using
amavisd and clamd.

--
Gregory Orange