[plug] Ubuntu One and kapcha

James Henstridge james at jamesh.id.au
Mon Apr 14 05:52:17 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Luke John <email at lukejohn.me> wrote:
> Hi michael,
>
> I believe Canonical are in the process of closing down ubuntu one
> https://one.ubuntu.com/services/shutdown/

The file sharing service is being shut down, but I believe the account
system is sticking around: it is central to so many things at
Canonical (Launchpad, the wikis, the new app store for Ubuntu on
phones, etc).

As far as problems with the CAPCHAs go, all I can suggest is hitting
the little reload button until you get something you can read.  The
images ReCAPCHA has been using recently have been particularly
difficult to read.  Alternatively, try the audio option.  In a way, I
guess this just shows how good the computer vision software used by
scammers is.

James.