[plug] PLUG Talk on 30th April - Build your own Exobrain.

Euan de Kock euan at dekock.net
Mon Apr 21 15:03:16 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd drop you all an email to let you know of a talk we've
got coming up soon.

On Wednesday 30th April we're hosting a talk by Paul Fenwick. Paul is
one of the top Linux speakers, and is a regular at linux.conf.au.

Paul is a Perl programming guru, and he's over here running some
training and has offered to give a talk to PLUG while he's here. He last
spoke at PLUG back in May 2012, and we're really looking forward to
having him back.

His talk is titled "Build Your Own Exobrain" and has already been very
well received in Tokyo and Montreal. The exobrain project is an open
source project designed to allow you to automate your life. While
services like "If this then that" already offer similar features, they
are not open source and they retain a lot of your personal information -
this project tries to address this by allowing you to host and run your
own automation services on a machine of your choosing.

Paul has a bio up at http://pjf.id.au/talks/ if you'd like to see what
you're in for.

The exobrain project is hosted on github at
https://github.com/pjf/exobrain.

If you need even more incentive to attend, we're putting on some beer
and pizza during the talk too.

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as we can.

PS, we'd really appreciate it if you could RSVP at meetup.com
(http://www.meetup.com/Perth-Linux-Users-Group-PLUG/events/175784692/)
as this will help with ordering the pizzas, but feel free to turn up
anyway if you're not comfortable with this.

Best Regards,

Euan de Kock - President, Perth Linux User Group (PLUG)