[plug] badblocks

Jon L. Miller jonl711 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 6 23:37:25 UTC 2014

One of my partitions has what appears to be badblocks as one of the scripts
I run has returned with errors.
I changed into the partition and tried to do a list of the partition and
nothing was returned.
I ran /sbin/badblocks and all I can see is the constant running of I believe
to be a counting of the badblocks.
Currently it’s at 112800 and still counting, is there anything else I can
do.  I’m not sure that I needed anything on the drive.  I believe it was the
backup destination for my system.

Thanks in advance

Message that came up in my e-mail
..

SCRIPT: backup.sh exited with RETURNCODE = 4.
SCRIPT: output (stdout && stderr) follows

/etc/cron.daily/backup.sh: line 93: /data/linux-srv-full-date: Input/output
error
/bin/chmod: cannot access `/data/linux-srv-full-date': Input/output error
/bin/chown: `root.adm': invalid user
SCRIPT: backup.sh

Jon L Miller

jLorenzo Photography
web:    http://www.jLorenzo.com.au
e-mail: jonl711 at hotmail.com

"... the camera is just a tool, without the eye behind it, it's just a
tool." Camille Seaman

Disclaimer

contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.