[plug] openstack, bridging and virtual network interfaces

Adam Ashley plug at adamashley.name
Thu Jan 9 05:34:06 UTC 2014

Normally you'd bring an interface thats going to be part of a bridge up
without an IP address, then add it to the bridge and assign an ip address
to the bridge. Weird shit happens when you add an interface with an IP to a
bridge.

Try something like
ifconfig eth0:1 0.0.0.0
brctl addbr br100
brctl addif br100 eth0:1
ifconfig br100 <ip mess that I cant remember>

Or come to LCA and ask all the openstack guys here directly :P

Adam