[plug] openstack, bridging and virtual network interfaces

Rowcliffe Browne rbkbrowne at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 02:14:33 UTC 2014

Openstack architecture expects you to set IP's for the underlying devices:
http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/content/basics-networking.html#d6e756
http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/content/nova-network.html

no matter - sorted this out yesterday... set eth0 to promiscuous mode and
rebooted, and it seems to have sorted it self out.

Realtek NIC still needs a forceful kick in the head to start working on
boot though.

also fixed controller NIC's to match Openstacks docs better:
eth0 (192.168.1.90)
eth0:1 (10.0.0.90)
br100 (configured by nova-network, 10.0.0.1)
routing also now adds default gateway to br100...

Wish I could join you all for a few quiet friday arvo beers at LCA, but may
not go down so well with first week at work and all :)

thanks for your help Adam!

rowy.