[plug] Network link stream summary

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Tue Jan 21 04:15:09 UTC 2014

G'day all,

Before I get into libpcap and try and do this myself, I thought it best
to ask here.

I want to clamp something on a network interface (like tcpdump) but
rather than see each individual packet, I'd like a periodic summary of
the streams (like iostat/vmstat)

Something like, there are 150 active outbound connections, but the top
10 bandwidth consumers are :
- x - 10kb/s
- y - 9 kb/s

and so on. A bit like top but for a network interface.

Anyone seen anything like that?

Regards,
Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them