[plug] Microsoft?

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Fri Jun 13 05:36:36 UTC 2014

I just received two phone calls from 02 8864 9500, claiming to be from
Microsoft, asking if I was interested in attending a Webinar about their
cloud offering. I then received an email, inviting me to a Webinar on
Friday next week.

Has anyone else seen this?

I'm not aware of being on any Microsoft Database, they claimed that they
got my details from my website, but couldn't tell me where they got my
company name from in the first place. They supplied my domain, email and
phone number and appeared to know my name.

The email headers are extensive, but I'm using Google Mail, so I don't
really know how butchered they are. It's been a while since I dug into
headers and there seems to be a lot of stuff there that I've never seen
before.

Being the paranoid sort, I thought I'd ask for some comment from a group
whom I trust slightly more than a random phone call and email ;-)

Onno Benschop

()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -
onno at itmaze.com.au