[plug] Recommendations for a laptop

Will Dowling will at autodeist.com
Wed May 21 06:11:44 UTC 2014

> I know a few plug members have an X Series thinkpad and we have a few
> at work. They are great machines, however the screen resolution sucks.
> 1366x768 is an utterly useless resolution.

+1 for the X230 when kitted out with the extra life battery, extra ram
and SSD - mean little workhorse and docks quite nicely.

They've been superceded with the X240 now though, which has an upgrade
option to solve the screen - but changes from the standard Thinkpad body
to a newer one that I haven't played with enough to pass judgement on.

If I was buying again I'd either go the X240 or a Macbook.

Will Dowling

T: +61 (08) 6364 4880
F: +61 (08) 6364 4881
E: will at autodeist.com