[plug] What computer should I buy?

alex alex at spottedmouse.com
Wed May 21 14:50:39 UTC 2014

Maybe a section on Backup / Restore and how to migrate to the new
system. Especially if one is considering transition between OS flavours.

Have a look at adding a Chrome OS (Chromebooks) to the list as well. I
know they based on Linux, but with the additions and restrictions
imposed by Google it fills a gap few others options do. From what I can
see it makes a great proposition for the educational sector or when the
user is just after some light email and web browsing. The key feature
for me seem is that you don't have to worry about security as there is
little to secure.

You cover upgrades for the new computer, but maybe a paragraph on
looking at upgrading an existing computer would not be out of place.
Some old(er) models get a new span on live with a OS rebuild, some extra
memory or and SSD.

And maybe to end up with a section on responsible disposal of any
current equipment. You will be surprised what you find in the local
verge collections.

Hope this helps. You already covered a great deal and looks really good.
What you going to do with this when its ready.

Alex