[plug] What computer should I buy?

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu May 22 02:52:59 UTC 2014

I've added a section about Backups, Storage Devices, added a comment about
Chromebooks and a first attempt at disposal comments.

I've clarified some sections and fixed a few bits.

Initially I was going to use it as a LinkedIn article, but I'm beginning to
suspect that there is a whole lot of information like this that I could put
up somewhere as an information resource.

I considered making it into a video and a PDF, but I'm not convinced either
way.

I do know that it's getting longer and longer and I think it's getting to
the point where a casual user won't read it, which defeats the purpose
entirely.

I really want this document to be read by your average family member who
comes up to you at a BBQ and says "What computer should I buy."

I think that I'll need to split it off once I finish the questions and move
the definitions into a separate side-bar or some such.

onno at itmaze.com.au