[plug] Systemd, good or bad

Hani Jabr hani at nuix.net
Sun Sep 7 22:13:10 UTC 2014

It's not a couple of seconds, it's a few minutes when you have multiple applications that take time to start up, but can start in parallel.  That is important on production systems.

Systemd seems like a rubbish implementation of something that's long overdue on Linux.  Every unix except AIX has implemented something similar.

Hani