[plug] Systemd, good or bad

Hani Jabr hani at nuix.net
Mon Sep 22 09:53:30 UTC 2014

Fragile systems?  Heck yes. Not the base OS generally, but apps, hardware (how many lots of firmware patches for hardware (inevitably Intel) this year so far?), disk and cluster migrations, app upgrades, OS upgrades.

Do you not run production systems?  When you make a change, is it really acceptable for you to take time tracking down an issue caused by a typo or a misconfiguration 6 months or more ago?  Do you not test your changes to make sure the box will come up if it crashes or if you reboot it for some other reason?  Do you not have change windows or someone wondering why stuff was down for longer than you said it would be?