[plug] Consumer adsl modem router with built in dns server?

Linda Ray lindarayonline at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 08:01:40 UTC 2015

Hello Pluggers, I was wondering if you know whether reformatting an
external Seagate Hard Drive 1TB should work for mac and linux and
possibly windows if need be.
I followed some instructions from the next attempting to use EXFAT to
reformat on a mac laptop... but somehow the usb connecting the harddrive
came out when
I shifted it after it was several hours of formatting.. and couldn't
repair or do it again, nor am I able to copy any of my data back onto it.
When I checked it on linux in the terminal of my laptop, the attached
file is what it reads, with the harddrive at the bottom showing EXFAT
combo it seems? I may have to take it into IT folks who retrieved my
data of the Mac Desktop I had as it has been not much use to me since yet.

The other format is FAT32 but this only allows up to 4GB files maximum I
believe for copying onto. Any ideas after checking my file before I go
any further?

Kind Regards
Linda