[plug] Linux training for ...

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Dec 9 20:00:44 UTC 2015

In reading the various responses - thank you - I get the sense that there
is an understanding that I'm talking about becoming certified with Linux.

This is not at all what I'm talking about.

I'm taking about exposing small business and students directly to Linux as
a tool which plays in the same field as Windows and OS X. I think this is
about creating awareness and familiarity, not about being a certified user.
It's about a "Windows" vs Linux perspective on productivity, security,
anti-virus, upgrade paths, forced upgrades and vendor lock in. It's also
about open source, about software freedom, etc.

I have no doubt that this will also include conversations about bash and
filesystem's about the kernel and distributions, but it's not about that as
such.

Anyone?
--
finger painting on glass is an inexact art - apologies for any errors in
this scra^Hibble

()/)/)() ..ASCII for Onno..