[plug] cloud providers of wiki services?

Will Dowling will at autodeist.com
Wed Dec 30 06:47:30 UTC 2015

> You hit the nail on the head with the lead dev not wanting to distract the team with managing another platform.
> An Atlassian hosted instance of Confluence is the best option I could find as well.

+1 to Confluence, hands down the best collaboration tool I’ve used.

It’s worth keeping in mind that if you’re a NFP you can get a free license from Atlassian.
The $10 licenses for up to 10 users (hosted or download) are all sent to charity.

However once you go past 10 users it’s going to cost you… a lot.

Having run Confluence and other Atlassian products standalone, I can attest to the frequent update cycle.
This is generally bad if you’re looking for less distractions, but good for the product.

Came across this the other week, looks like it might be worth a look:
http://foswiki.org/

Just don’t use MediaWiki.. it’s terrible.

- Will