[plug] Fwd: Re: Fwd: VHS tape conversion - input not working

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 11:20:56 UTC 2015

OOPS ...

that was an LG RC689D
		^

sorry for confusion

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [plug] Fwd: VHS tape conversion - input not working
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 19:17:56 +0800
From: Gavin Chester <gavin.chester at gmail.com>
To: plug at plug.org.au

On 29/01/15 04:47, Glen Cunningham wrote:
> G'day Gavin,
>    More on this "simple appliance" please.   Make, model please.
> Glen

Having had a couple of requests to name the conversion "appliance", I
can tell you all that it is an LG model RG689D.

I can't attest to its quality because I haven't used it yet, but the
manual makes it sound as easy as recording from one tape to another,
except it goes from tape to DVD in what it calls a "dubbing". You can
cue the starting point and stop the tape where needed, it says. Usual
parameters such as quality of tape and clean heads would apply, I imagine.

--
Gavin Chester