[plug] Multifunction printer/scanner

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Wed May 20 07:34:22 UTC 2015

Some advice appreciated please.

I have a Brother DCP-385C printer/scanner, which has been a great piece
of gear for years.
The problem has been drivers, solved up to now with Brother assistance
and a bit of messing around.
I have recently installed ubuntu 15.04 and while the Brother printer
driver software works fine, there's no way I can get the scanner working.
I'm sick of having to install drivers and modify files to get the
Brother stuff working every time a new version of linux is installed!

Could someone please recommend a printer/scanner which is linux compatible?

Dave Dartnall