[plug] AV Hack Day

Adam Ashley plug at adamashley.name
Wed May 20 07:41:40 UTC 2015

Not sure about the new DeckLink cards but we use the previous generation
Intensity Pro (ie not the Intensity Pro 4K) cards as part of a test rig
here. Driver support has been pretty good, but then we do only use Ubuntu
LTS releases so its not quite as much of a moving target.

We use as part of an automated testing rig for STBs using the Blackmagic
cards to capture the output of an STB combined with some python computer
vision and OCR code to validate that all the functions on a new firmware
are working correctly.

>From our use case, I'm really happy with the Blackmagic cards.

Adam