[plug] Multifunction printer/scanner

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Sat May 23 07:23:27 UTC 2015

On 21/05/15 12:39, David Dartnall wrote:
> Some advice appreciated please.
>
> I have a Brother DCP-385C printer/scanner, which has been a great
> piece of gear for years.
> The problem has been drivers, solved up to now with Brother assistance
> and a bit of messing around.
> I have recently installed ubuntu 15.04 and while the Brother printer
> driver software works fine, there's no way I can get the scanner working.
> I'm sick of having to install drivers and modify files to get the
> Brother stuff working every time a new version of linux is installed!
>
> Could someone please recommend a printer/scanner which is linux
> compatible?
>
> Dave Dartnall
>

> Thank you Margaret and Milan, both suggesting HP and giving me ideas
> to follow up. I'll do just that and advise the outcome after purchase.

HP Envy 4500 printing and scanning worked without any fuss immediately
following installation, drivers already in Ubuntu V-V.

Thanks to all who responded.

Now I have a Brother DCP-385C with 4 Printec cartridges - 1 each of
black, magenta, Cyan and yellow available free to anyone who wants it.

Just email me.

David Dartnall