[plug] process keeps running

David Godfrey info at sbts.com.au
Thu Oct 15 05:23:27 UTC 2015

Hi Jon,

This would be in /etc/fstab in a line like

/dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD50000AAKS-22YGA0_WD-WCA-S87853406-part2     /   ext4    errors=remount-ro 0       1

The best thing to do would be run
blkid | grep '2:'
it should give you a result like....

/dev/sdb2: LABEL="Sys_Backup" UUID="c54a5134-0799-47bb-a572-64624180ce98" TYPE="ext4"

Using the UUID you got from the last command  edit the fstab line to
look like....

UUID="c54a5134-0799-47bb-a572-64624180ce98"     /   ext4    errors=remount-ro 0       1

NOTE: your existing fstab entry may be different from this example.
All you are trying to do is replace the /dev/disk/by-id/foo with UUID=bar

Regards
David G