[plug] November PLUG talk - Paul Fenwick - The future is awesome (and what you can do about it)

Michael Van Delft michael at hybr.id.au
Wed Oct 21 06:26:14 UTC 2015

Hey All,

Our November talk will be on *Monday *the 9th of November instead of our
usual date. We will be at Spacecubed (Level 9, 45 St Georges Terrace,
Perth).

For November we have have Paul Fenwick an internationally acclaimed public
speaker, developer, and science educator. Paul is well known for presenting
on a diverse range of topics including privacy, neuroscience and
neuroethics, Klingon programming, open source, depression and mental
health, advancements in science, diversity, autonomous agents, and
minesweeper automation. His dynamic presentation style and quirky humour
has delighted audiences worldwide.

Paul was awarded the 2013 O’Reilly Open Source award, and the 2010 White
Camel award, both for outstanding contributions to the open source
community.

As a Freedom Loving Scientist, Paul’s goal is to learn everything he can,
do amazing things with that knowledge, and give them away for free.

His talk is titled "The future is awesome (and what you can do about it)"

The 21st century is a time with an unprecedented expansion of ideas,
culture, technology, information, and global justice. Compared to any other
point in history, humans are flourishing. Yet the way in which we think
about the world—and our shared future in it—has not accelerated at the same
pace. Join us to find out why the future is awesome in ways you may not
expect, and what you can do about it.

The talk will be catered so an RSVP is appreciated but not required at
http://www.meetup.com/Perth-Linux-Users-Group-PLUG/events/225203284/ as
usual arrive at 18:30 for a 19:00 start.

--
Michael