[plug] Safely using an untrusted router

Dirk justanothergreenguy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 07:57:38 UTC 2015

Oops, I'll try again...

Thanks for that Dean.

It looks a bit complicated for me, and it looks like you're having
to trust all 3 devices, whereas I'd prefer not to put any trust
in consumer-grade network devices at all, if any part of the network is
directly exposed to the Internet (preferring a VPN in such a case).

Actually, Steve Gibson (Security Now podcast) suggests chaining routers to
achieve segregation and protection of a LAN due to the NAT firewall of the
inner router, but I think the port 32764 fiasco might render this
protection useless.

But thanks anyhow.  I didn't know you could run OpenWRT in a RPi.
Interesting project :)