[plug] anyone experimenting with Arduino? mpu-6050? headtracking?

wolfbite wolfbite.aus at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 16:04:33 AWST 2016

head tracking:
to track head movements and translate into games (ie:mouse look, headlook)
(instead of using a mouse or joystick, slight head movements translate
your view on screen, without changing your direction)

ie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpO1Wty3F3I  racing driver jump to 0:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrXOXvsgQzg jump to 10:47

this is headtracking using your smart phone (this is what got me hooked :)
it worked (but with 1 out of 3 phones)
but headphones & smartphone made it too heavy for long periods (and i
looked like a telly tubby :)
Image result for telly tubby

plus always better to learn while working on something you want :)

maybe i'llcheck out the shields later
but I know this already works  (like building a car, it works, but noone
tells you how to make the shell)

well, I thought I throw a line in and see how the fish are swimming :)

Regards