[plug] OT: Security Cameras and Open Source

Nathan Alberti nalberti at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 15:25:25 AWST 2016

Synology NAS with Security station (includes two camera licences), you can
use it dedicated or take advantage of the NAS for other purposes.

Its Linux based, low power consumption and can meet a huge number of home
requirements.

Happy with my Vivotek cameras however I'd possibly look at Hikvision if I
was doing it over again.