[plug] IT budget, software or techniques

David Godfrey info at sbts.com.au
Fri Jun 17 12:01:50 AWST 2016

Hi Gregory,

If I can suggest a piece of software that is OVERKILL, but will do what
you need and more.....

http://ledgersmb.org

This is an opensource package developed on linux (debian) but should run
on any system with good perl 5.10+ support.
It uses a postgres DB as the datastore and browser as the User Client.

We are working on v1.5 release right now with several Beta's having been
bundled already.
Currently I would recommend installing direct from the Git Repository
master branch as the last beta to be release has noticeable issues.

There is a debian package for the latest v1.4 at http://apt.ledgersmb.org
Although there are significant improvements in 1.5 hence my suggestion
to use Master instead.

LedgerSMB is a full accounting, inventory and (to some extent) CRM
system with good reporting capabilities.
It's based on GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Practices) and fits
with most business workflows out of the box
The software has been around for over 15 years now, and is improving in
leaps and bounds.

We have a number of support options including Mailing lists, but for
quick response
https://vector.im/develop/#/room/#ledgersmb:matrix.org
gets you to #ledgersmb in a web client on the matrix.org platform
(#ledgersmb is bridged to freenode channel of the same name)

If you have any questions, I'm normally about in #ledgersmb as dcg_mx
(or M-sbts)

Regards
David G