[plug] IT budget, software or techniques

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Mon Jun 20 13:13:02 AWST 2016

There's a couple of good looking options there, thanks. I'll try them
and gnucash and see where I get to. Handy that all are easy to install
(apt-get or unzip and configure).

I'm feeling hopeful about ledgersmb because of how you described it,
as well as an IRC channel. I've been using IRC a bit more in recent
years.

On 19 June 2016 at 16:29, Paul Dean <paul at thecave.ws> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have you looked at Pancake(https://www.pancakeapp.com/). It's more of an Invoicing/Expenses app with Project mgmt/tasks.
>
> Very good for tracking howmuch you bill and spend and doing proposals and converting them into invoice/projects etc.
>
> Does reporting and recurring invoicing(via cron).
>
> They have good support and active in development.
>
> --
>

> Thanks
>
> Paul Dean.
>
> "Life is not WHAT you make it, it's WHO you have in it..."
>

> On Sat, 18 Jun 2016 16:14:35 +0000
> Carl Gherardi <carl.gherardi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 at 12:05 David Godfrey <info at sbts.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Gregory,
>>>
>>> If I can suggest a piece of software that is OVERKILL, but will do what
>>> you need and more.....
>>>
>>> http://ledgersmb.org
>>

>>It may not be overkill, it depends on the environment he works in.

>>Why is it in a spreadsheet now?
>>
>>Are you self-employed? Or do you in a situation where someone else manages
>>the ledgers?
>>
>>Once you want to start tracking the type of information below I dont
>>believe there is a solution that ticks both 'low maintenance' and
>>'configurable and useable by people that aren't a CPA', particularly
>>dealing with revenue recognition and multi-currencies.
>>
>>If you find one, i'd love to know it.
>>
>>Carl G
>

> --
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul Dean.
>
> "Life is not WHAT you make it, it's WHO you have in it..."

Gregory Orange