[plug] IT budget, software or techniques

David Godfrey info at sbts.com.au
Tue Jun 21 10:32:45 AWST 2016

Hi Gregory.

On 20/06/16 13:13, Gregory Orange wrote:
> There's a couple of good looking options there, thanks. I'll try them
> and gnucash and see where I get to. Handy that all are easy to install
> (apt-get or unzip and configure).
>
> I'm feeling hopeful about ledgersmb because of how you described it,
> as well as an IRC channel. I've been using IRC a bit more in recent
> years.
Just a word of warning, the LedgerSMB package in the Debian "main"
Repositories is probably 1.3, DON'T install that.
Rather use the version available from http://apt.ledgersmb.org which is 1.4
There are significant improvements.

We have a team member who is working on getting 1.4 into the main debian
repositories, but as usual meeting the requirements to get a package
into main after release is non-trivial.