[plug] Samba issues

Hani Jabr hani at nuix.net
Sat Mar 12 21:21:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

I haven't had that particular issue, but there were a lot of changes to CIFS between Windows 2003 and Windows today. A lot of it was bug fixes that seemed to change behaviour quite radically.

I would try upgrading Samba to V4, either the latest Debian package or download the latest stable version and compiling it yourself. As always, you may want to try firing up a new VM running Debian 7 to test on first (nfs share dir to VM, then samba share it to Windows).

Hani