[plug] Samba issues

David Godfrey info at sbts.com.au
Sat Mar 12 21:20:25 UTC 2016

Hi Brad,

It's years since I relied much on samba (sshfs FTW), although a company
I was doing work for 12 months ago did have strange things happening
with win7 filesharing in general (no samba involved there) so it may not
be a samba issue at all, but a win7 issue instead.

Also don't discount a network issue, it only takes one unrecoverable
network error to trash a win fileshare connection and I suspect win7 is
more fragile with regards to this.

One thing it is possibly worth trying is setting up an NFS share of the
directory instead of the samba one.
I believe it is fairly simple to access the NFS share from win7.

Hope something I said here helps
Good luck

Regards
David G