[plug] Fwd: Samba issues

Kevin Shackleton krshackleton at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 21:36:37 UTC 2016

Oops, sorry David, obviously this was supposed to go to PLUG . .

Is there nothing in /var/log/samba?

Have you played with oplocks and buffers?  Some years ago now our Samba
server was much better than our NT server (see - I said it was a while ago)
with keeping up connections over a WAN, I believe because of these settings
being more generous than NT's.  Possibly with some trade-off in potential
corruption but we never had a problem.  Could be with your hammering the
system with a deluge of scripts there are moments when a response does not
come quickly enough for Win7.  Raises the question of if anything in Win7
CIFS is tunable in the Registry.

Ultimately though I'd go with the NFS suggestion.

Regards,

Kevin.